Thursday, May 5, 2011

Collecting Vinyl Records : Fantastic EBook

 Some time ago I entered a contest by a blogger I follow. His blog Collecting vinyl records is perhaps the most extensive blog on Music/ Records out there. The effort he puts into his blog is amazing. in the year or so that I have followed him I have obtained valuable and entertaining information. When I saw his contest for $25.00 gift certificate to the online store SoundstageDirect.com  I jumped on it. Wadda ya know we won. I never win anything. I gave Erin the gift certificate as this store has great "new" vinyl of many current as well as classic rock bands. The biggest surprise of all was a "free" copy of his E-book  Collecting Vinyl  Records.

   I have seen the ad on his front page numerous times and considered purchasing it for the low low price of 6.99 but I'm leery of those things. No offense but I have seen lots of crazy yahoos selling their Ebooks and they are about 10 pages of what any idiot knows on the subject. When I downloaded the link sent to me I was astounded to say the least. up popped  195 pages of everything any record collector would want to know. A dissertation on the fine art of Vinyl Collecting. He covers it all. Maybe even too much but too much is not really a bad thing.

   This E-Book is a must for new collectors. If  we had this book when we first started selling , it would have saved us years of mistakes. Yes now I do know most of the information on the 195 pages but it makes for a great read for me too. Its written in a style that reminds me of talking to a Record Geek at a record show. Yes this man is KING of the record geeks and I say that with much reverence.

  Buy this book. You wont regret it!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I've neglected the blog! And I've missed so much because of it. I'll be back. This is so cool, I can't believe I didn't know this until now. Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete